Monday, October 9, 2017

Trying to be disciplined

Since I currently have three models needing to be completed, I'm trying a new approach--I work on a model during the week, then stitch for myself on the weekend. I've only been doing it for a week, but so far, so good!

Last week I worked on the Rosewood Manor piece, then pulled out Lila's Studio Halloween Quaker this past Saturday. I had a partial thread left from last night, so I finished it this morning and this is where I will leave off:


In other stitchy news, I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and I saw a fillable lamp. Of course, I had to buy it because I thought it would be great for keeping orts (thread remnants) in; I've been filling glass ornaments for the past several years, but you can only use so many ornaments! This lamp should hold several years worth, and it can be enjoyed year-round:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. Your rotation sounds like a good compromise. I love the Halloween Quaker, what a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloween Quaker is looking great.
    That's a great idea to stitch for yourself some days.
    The lamp is so cool.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that lamp! It's a great idea for all those ORT and an interesting conversation piece for your home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lamp! Must go look for one! :-)

    Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress on the Halloween Quaker. I'm looking forward to seeing your models once they have been released!
    The lamp is great, I've never seen one like this before.

    ReplyDelete